Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Senioralgia


As much as I've felt "graduated" these past few months, I still can barely believe that the ceremony is almost here! Today I was the object of interview from Westmont's Business Management class. It was the funniest thing to be the "guest," because so many of the guys in the class are my senior buddies. I feel like this time in Santa Barbara has been a "practicum" experience, and the actual graduation ceremony still marks my base jump into the abyss of the real world. Last night we had a senior night in the DC :) After intensive cheerleading at the intramural soccer games, we crowded into the dining commons to complain about the food, throw apples with forks and host chair races. It certainly brought us back!

Also to remind me that graduation time is upon us: speeches, speeches, speeches! Literally. I have three between now and the 3rd, and two yet to write. Thank the Lord that the biggest, Baccalaureate, I already had to submit (not to downplay all the editing and tweaking I'm sure I still have to do!). I just received my letter today from President Beebe, which I guess means that it's the real deal. I couldn't be more excited, what an honor. And I was so stoked to learn that my buddy since Page days freshman year, Ryan Zoradi, will be the other speaker. He's got energy and charisma like I've never seen, so I'm certain it will be a blast!

Tonight I'm going to put something together for the Com department's Lambda Pi Eta ceremony. If anyone is an expert on "excellence in communication," send your thoughts this way!

5 comments:

cu4photos said...

You and DJ are VERY busy people!!
Congratulations on your accomplishments...Cindy

Deyl said...

so bummed we're gonna miss your speech!!

you're awesome

Unknown said...

I wub you Allisaaan! I'm so proud of you like FOR REAL. :) You have accomplished so much. I'm not surprised by any of it, but so excited!

Adam Trowbridge said...

Hey sis. Cant wait to see you at your graduation!

Daniel J. Watkins said...

Me used to be good at communication...now got three kids so me so dumb...