Thursday, May 8, 2008

R&R in San Diego


I can't believe graduation is through! It was strange to go through, having already been out for several months. It was such a symbolic experience, really an official closing to this chapter of life. It was been such an incredible blessing to be a part of this close-knit Westmont community, and I was continually reminded of that seeing the friendships and reliving the memories of our class.

It was so fun to have my parents and brother in town, as well as my godparents from Santa Cruz! After Baccalaureate we had such a lovely dinner at Stella Mare's, this gorgeous shabby-chic Montecito-esque restaurant. My beautiful friend Christie came along for dinner too - so fun! By the end of the night I thought graduation was done....I couldn't believe I had a whole 'nother day of graduating ahead. I was on Typhoid pills all weekend, prepping for Cambodia!, and I think they wiped me out! (I slept for 6 hours after the ceremony on Saturday afternoon -- not the typical post-grad celebration!). I couldn't believe how tired I was!

Monday though the real R&R came! My roommates Brooke & Tricia and I roadtripped down to stay in San Diego at Brooke's parents beach condo -- our official graduation get away!
There is so much going on with Not For Sale (and getting ready for Cambodia!) that I couldn't really take the time away -- so I'm getting up early and sending the girls off for pedicures to fit in the regular emailing!

It has been such a blast to be out of Santa Barbara, and taking each day as it comes. We've had shopping excursions, brunch at the club, dinner with Brooke's family, a run along the cliffs, an interesting downtown excursion, and lots of exploring the darling streets of La Jolla.

Brooke has been prepping for matrimony with her summer reading, and Tricia has been perfecting her DJ free-style-shooting techniques.


A definite highlight was a visit to Grandma Harper's! Her and Brooke's grandpa had just returned from a four month cruise around the world, and she dressed us up in all her outfits - too fun! Jessi, my freshman year roommate, just got her with her husband and the "san diego crew" - so we're off to dinner!

5 comments:

|| davidjay || said...

Haha! So fun!!! I like that orange outfit babe! ...and good work Tricia!

Go Freedom!
DJ

...go and email during the pedicure. :)

cu4photos said...

Wow, you've had quite a week! Enjoy EVERY minute!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blog!!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!! So, so exciting. If I coulda been there, I would have!

Sounds like such a fun little trip - good job for managing your time (emailing). I'm trying to get better at that! Miss you! When do you leave for Cambodia??

Paige Kearin said...

I am glad to hear graduation went great! I heard your speech was awesome. Wish I could have been there.