Sunday, May 25, 2008

Oops...I did it again!

Oh my goodness, where ever to begin???

The last few days have been the most incredible whirlwind! Best to begin at the beginning...

Dj was so sweet to offer to drive us to the airport...and COMPLETELY surprised me when a LIMO pulled up outside his house!! Talk about an amazing guy. Made it all that much more difficult to say goodbye!

Lauren and Morgan will be joining me for five days in Thailand after Cambodia, so we managed to book our flights together and headed down, rockstar style, from SB. Things were going SO smoothly...TOO smoothly. Nearing the airport, our conversation casually moved to passports, and the atrocity of forgetting them. I'm laughing and starting to tell my infamous Nicaragua passport-forgetting story (I'll write about it someday...it's bad...) when all of a sudden my stomach drops. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

"My passport's in the scanner in Crystal's apartment."

Yes. In my effort to go above and beyond and make passport copies for everyone I knew pre-departure, I rushed off with loads of xeroxs and not a single real passport.

Praise the Lord for AMAZING friends. I called Tricia (my beautiful roommate!) and told her my predicament in one horrified single sentence. "Well, that's too bad for you," she said, and then hung up.

=) I'm just kidding. Her immediate response was "What can I do???" And drove my passport ALL the way down to LAX. Keving copiloted, and I am forever indebted!! They left the airport with tons of treats, and me with a scolding. Ay yi yi, I still cannot believe I did that!!! Dj and my friends give me WAY more grace than I deserve!

4 comments:

TeachKidsArt said...

Love the title of this post! It's great that you can still keep a sense of humor in such a stressful situation! And I LOVE the expression on Tricia's face....she will make a great mom someday!! ;) xoxo

Paige Kearin said...

You and passports - Ai, yi, yi

|| davidjay || said...

Oh baby.... :)

Anonymous said...

hahahaha I never saw these pictures. the facial expressions are CLASSIC!