Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bangkok

We made it safely to Bangkok! My dear friends Morgan and Lauren accompanied me here to visit an amazing organization called NightLight. It's a huge organization that pulls women out of the red light district and brings them into a thriving Christian community where they are employed making jewelry. Yesterday we toured the buildings, met with the designer, and picked out some new designs for NFS to offer. This morning we went back to join the morning worship service with about 75 of the women, and picked up the new jewelry pieces we'll be offering! Now we're off for a boatride down the Chaophraya and then lunch at the Oriental. This city is HUGE and such a culture shock coming from Cambodia! I'll post more stories from there soon... I'm still saying hello and thank you in Cambodian, and getting some crazy looks! I'm trying to adjust! =)

3 comments:

TeachKidsArt said...

I love you. You are amazing!
xoxo

Unknown said...

yay, fun! i can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing this journey!